Friday, May 3, 2019

Learning from mistakes...

It has been a while since I have posted anything on my blog.  It is not that I did not try. In fact, I worked on an article for nearly a week, and finally when it was satisfactorily completed, when I had double checked the facts, and  was basking in its overall perfection while patting my back...it disappeared... vanished in thin air, like a spectre. Either during its short copy-and-paste journey, from 'Draft' to 'blogger.com', it committed a kamakazi...or my own technical incompetence killed it, or considering the current political scenario, it could have just been the curse of the all-powerful Sadhvi Pragya... for her name did appear in there, along with her alleged involvement in the Malegaon bomb blasts of 2008. 
Whatever may have been the cause for the vanishing act, it took me a while to reconcile with the fact that my masterpiece of an article was indeed lost in the complex network of information highways, and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it.
 However, there were a few precious lessons to be learnt from this blunder. Firstly, it is a bad idea to work on a draft in a Gmail format. Secondly, even if fools like me indulge in such acts of incomprehensibility, it is always a good idea to have a back up in one's Gmail and Yahoo accounts. And last, but not the least,  to never ever mess with Sadhvi Pragya Thakur! However, I wish she, and the likes of her,  could direct their esoteric powers towards fulfilling more purposeful goals, like incinerating  with their one deadly look the whole throng  of scoundrels, thieves, rapists, scammers, and above all, the terrorists, who for decades have arrested the progress of this country. ! If that happened, imagine the nosedive in our defence spending, which at present devours up  a phenomenal 16 per cent of the country's total budget! Come to think of it, even the Rafale deal controversy would cease to  exist if all these realised souls put their energies behind such endeavours. And, resultantly, the Opposition would be left rather deprived of  its very raison-d'être.

6 comments:

  1. Well written article. Honest and introspective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written Seema...true colour of our politics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be the Sadhvi's curse that made your draft disappear!Try working on Word or Notepad.

    ReplyDelete