Thursday, October 3, 2019

Orange Peel: Catching the sunset

Sitting in the tea-shop, sweating under the droning fan, suffering the company of a mosquito repellent plugged to the power point, I can't help but wonder why...why, nearly two months on, and this little tea-shop, cute as a bug, has not been able to attract a few die-hard tea-lovers. With its unique atmosphere, hand-me-down furniture, and art-studded walls, it really is the perfect place to be: calm and quiet, alive with the aroma of freshly-brewed tea. Sure, we are a bit out of the way, but most beautiful places are. Remember Robert Frost's 'The Road not Taken'?
Sure, we only serve teas and simple snacks, but that is our USP, unique selling proposition. Not wanting to be just another chai-stand, serving the omnipresent, diabetes-inducing chai and cholesterol-laden deep-fried pakodas, we have chosen to be different, in sync with the health pulse of the universal consciousness. 

If anyone wishes to enjoy the magic of this place, while sipping some very unique combinations of teas, and munching on tasty snacks, the best time is at sunset. Very seldom in India, does one have the fortuity and the leisure to be part of such a sprawl of nature,  paired with a serene stretch of sky. So, at the end of the day, even if nobody turns up, I am happy to have the fellowship of a whole kettle of tea, steeped in the tranquility of the twilight hour.




3 comments:

  1. I loved being there and I adore your fragrant teas! It's just that I am not a 'bit' but 'much' out of the he way... Damn these long distances. If not for these kilometres, I would have joined you every day for your aromatic, ethereal tea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jyoti! I know you would. I know how busy you are too. My write-up was not meant to serve as a guilt-trip for anyone. I know, when the time is right, things are bound to take off. In the meanwhile, I will enjoy the sunsets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No guilt trip, just regret for not being able to make it to the cosy abode more often!Sob...sob....

    ReplyDelete